Sunday 14 August 2011

You are invited to a Tea Party


Location: The bottom of this blog post
Time: Now
Dress Code: Something flowery


What a lovely idea to have a blog award celebrating friendship. The Liebster Award has been given to me by my blogger friend Rebecca Bradley at Life in Clarity. Do pop along and visit her [but not until you’ve joined me in our tea party, of course.]

I don’t understand loners. I’m best as part of a group [even if I am a bit bossy]. Friends are the most important part of my life. When I say ‘friends’ I mean members of the family too. My best friends are my amazing kids, my long-suffering husband and my lovely sister.

And when I say ‘friends’ I don’t mean all those people on Facebook. I mean the ones who turn up when you’re in trouble, who phone when things are going wrong, who offer to do something... anything and who genuinely want to make you feel better.

Some of the people I’ve met through this blog have become friends and I know that quite a lot of my friends read this blog. I also know that you know how awful this last year has been. Last August Rod was seriously ill in hospital, last September my darling dog Josh died, in December Mum collapsed and this April Mum died. I’ve needed my friends more than I ever have done before. So, to say thank you for being there, I’m throwing a Jvirtual tea partyJ 

Friends who read blogs have no idea how exciting it is to get a new follower. It’s not the same as making a new friend but it shows that there’s someone out there who I’ve connected with and that’s important. So do please follow my blog before partaking of cake and a cuppa and then you might like to go and visit some of my blog friends, because I must now pass on the Liebster Award to six bloggers who, in the spirit of Rebecca’s wishes, have less than 250 followers.

So I award the Liebster Blog Award to:

Kathy McKendry at Imagine Today 

Pauline Barclay at Scribbles

Amy Sonnichsen at The Green Bathtub

Julie Kemp Pick at Empty Nest Insider 




And now...


It's party time!!!

    Do have a cup of tea.   






Sugar or sweeteners? 
 Or are you sweet enough? 
 *giggles at polite joke*

Help yourself to cake.


Anyone fancy jelly and ice cream?

Isn't the weather fabulous. We're lucky the rain's held off for our party. Are you going on holiday this year? Top up of tea? Thank you so much for coming along. I love parties...